Saturday, July 02, 2005

Trying to have a coherent thought.

My head is in a fog right now. I have no idea why, but my brain currently feels like it does during mid finals week, so I'm warning you that I have no idea where this post is going. For this reason, and in standard mattyb form I'm using the bulletpoint approach so this doesn't turn into a stream of consciousness piece because I obviously don't have William Faulkner"esqe" skills.



  • So I decided for the next year I am going to be a Delawarian. My current roommate Eric and I are going to rent a place in a VERY college apartment complex, but not in a courts type of way. My new place is a poor man's Radnor Crossings, both in price and in accommodations. It is so state school living because they expect you to pay late and will actually discount your rent if you pay on time!
  • My next job search is not for me. For the next 3 days or so I have a mission, find a suitable job for Mr. Sean Michael Bennington at JP Morgan. I really don't think this will be all that tough, and if I am able to land him an interview or a contact I feel that will up the chances by at least 35% of him coming back up here. For those of you who want your favorite Irish Dancer back in the Mid-Atlantic, stay tuned.....
  • I'm actually in Virginia now, visiting Kara and we went out to the "Country Western" bar last night, which was a very mixed experience for me. For one it wasn't as country as I would have expected, especially since I am now currently south of the Mason-Dixon Line, but it did have some good country music and line dancing so I'll give it props for that. Overall though it was more like a Brownies/Finnegan's wake type place dressed up in a country outfit and put in the parking lot of a strip mall, and the specials were $4 not $.50. Also the crowd was a bit odd as it wasn't a college bar, it wasn't a young professional bar, and it wasn't a place for older people either. It was a conglomerate of the three, making it much like the bar of a restaurant where all of them collide. This is a dream for a people watcher, and probably the highlight of my time there.
  • I now know what it feels like being that girl. You know the fat/ unattractive girl among the group who guys are superficially nice too so they can make a good impression in front of the girl they are trying to go after. Kara and Megan put me in this position last night and it made me want to jump into the lake behind the bar. Since I valued the clothes I was wearing I decided to instead, just walk around the bar and enjoy the sights and sounds of this one of a kind establishment. Overall I'd have to rate it as a better night than when the Yanks lost to the Marlins in the '03 World Series, but worse than the night they lost to the Angels in the ALDS in '02. Wow no one is going to get this reference.
  • My night as the fifth wheel or "spare tire" was saved by one incident. Though..... Remember when we were all 19 years old and there was at least one of your friends puked during any given weekend. Well ladies and gentleman I felt like I was back in 245 Sullivan again, thanks to Ms. Kara Elizabeth Barton. She one uped my puking on the side of the road of Lancaster, coming home from a Beta party disaster last night. Ms. Barton found out the hard way that 6-8 Rum and Diet Cokes, mixed with slices of pizza tastes worse the second time, when it is coming up. Not a good enough story yet? Well it happens that she felt the dinosaurs calling when we were on an interstate highway in her own car. Also as we found out this morning Kara' shot accuracy is not the greatest, as we found a disgusting mess both on the inside and outside of her 2005 Altima. There is comedy, there is high comedy and there is the highest of high comedy, and this display of skills had my stomach in knots for a good long time.

Ok I am getting yelled at now to go......Probably doing somewhat of the same thing tonight, so we'll see how this goes. Bye Ya'll.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the fact that you referred to yourself as a girl is a little bit strange there matty b.

MattyB said...

Just a comparison tp give a visual image of the night, who left this comment btw?

Anonymous said...

ZINGGGGGG!