Wednesday, July 06, 2005

A new perspective.

I think I have grown up a heck of a lot in the past 6 weeks. As I sat in a meeting today I thought how uncanny my transition has been. I have started to act like an adult in more ways than one, and I can't believe how much responsibility I am able to handle. Go Me! I have been living totally on my own, and it is actually very satisfying. I had never thought that I would like to pay for my own stuff, and would rather have my parents cover my finances, but the independence makes me feel very in control of my life. I have dealt with a multitude of setbacks in the past 2 weeks but I feel so much stronger for dealing with them. I also have realized which people I am most likely going to talk to during my post collegiate days, and who is going to fade away quickly. I am not going to name any names but the past few weeks have been very telling to me. It is a little sad but inevitable. I have also been getting very excited about the social scene down here, as on an off Tuesday night in the middle of the summer this place still had fun bars. I was exhausted today at work, but oh well. My current and future roommate is having people over tonight so I gotta go get to the gym, come back, and shower, before these people take over my house. Peace Out.

No comments: