Monday, July 04, 2005

I suck at endings, revised

Ramblings Part Deux.

  • I love Busch Gardens. Kara and I went there on Saturday and even though it was shitty weather, there were long lines and we both were a little hung over from the night before I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I know it sounds corny but some of my favorite times in the park were standing in line. I loved the conversations and banter between us, as this time spent cracking each other up is the true definition of friendship. Although I have compared Kara to my best friend at home, Charlotte, she is truly one of a kind and such an original and valuable person.
  • In direct contrast to this I feel my friendship with Megan has regressed about 20%. In the past I felt we had a very good chemistry, almost too good for people who have only hung out with each other on very rare occasions. This visit though, I felt very distant and awkward, and that unfortunately that I was losing a friend. This sucks because quality individuals such as her don't come around very often, and these situations tend to really hurt me because I have such a soft spot for my friends. Hopefully I am dead wrong about this but I don't know, I'm kind of afraid to even talk to her now, which exhibits my dorkiness in its full effect.
  • I really hate saying goodbye. Finality is something I have a hard time dealing with, ever since the end of high school. I really feel that I am way too sensitive, and that I really need to toughen up, and stop dreading goodbyes. They are a formality in life that I really must start dealing with, and life is full of these situations.
  • Does anyone miss freshman year as much as me? I really would give up 5 years of my life to travel in a time machine and experience one more semester of 2001-2002.
  • Kara uses more text messages in a day than I use in a month. I never have seen someone as proficient at typing/good at verbalizing an idea on their phone. She truly is a "texting" machine.
  • Ok I want to write more but being drunk and tired is preventing me from extending my thoughts......

Okay time to continue this rambling....I swear I will write an entry someday that isn't a giant pile of poo.

  • I feel a little bad about my demeanor this weekend. I feel like I was a downer for some reason, and I was preventing Kara from having her normal type of weekend that she has down here. I got this vibe while talking to Megan, as she thought that I was having a poor time this weekend. Overall I just felt like a pain in their ass, and getting in their way, leading me to not be as much fun as I should have been.
  • Ok this while ramblings is getting a little too dramatic. We went to this bar last night, called the Green Leafe. Kara and Megan had brought me there last year too, but I totally forgot many of the characteristics of the place. This place seems like it was designed specifically for Gregory P Byrne. It is a pub with a ton of microbrews, an oldish type setting and very few TV's which makes it much more pub like and requires you to me much more interactive/social. If we ever are taking a trip down south together, I will for sure convince him to take the diversion off 95 to hit this place up.

No comments: