A week ago today I was sitting in the Yankee right field bleachers trying to draw emotions out of Katie Dip. She told me about Sam's sexuality (doesn't like vaginas) and I laughed at her because of her undying love for him. On the way home I tried to make her get emotional by playing sappy country songs(I know I am a horrible person). The game ended around 9:20 but I got home around 2:30 thanks to a 2 hour stint at the bar, a 1:30 ride to Hoboken (the Holland tunnel is my least favorite Hudson River Crossing) and an 1:30 drive home. Okay now some quick hits from my first week in Newark.
Friday
Met the roommates and had drinks. The bad omen of having a black cat next door that like to hang out around my car (not kidding) begins.
I get a flat tire at the bar and have to drunkenly change my tire before I drive home
Me and my roommate Eric dominate beer pong like no other, and have an overall good night.
Sunday
After coming back from Jen's grad party I go out to the Italian festival in Wilmington. I try not to get drunk, but the inner lush in me wins again, and I drink, but go to bed early. I see that fucking black cat hanging out around my car again.
Monday
I am a professional. I wait almost 2 hours before someone comes into the lobby to let me in the building. Apparently both of my bosses are out on my first day. Yea, waiting around really got me annoyed.
In the lobby I made a new friend. All of you actually know him. I lived with him for a year in St. Mary's and went to school together for 4 years. His name is Ryan Ward. We never had a serious convo in life, but now we work on the same floor about 100 feet from each other. We exchanged #'s and talked about our experiences whenever we see eachother later in the week. It's a small world.
Coming home from work my life starts going to shit. I get a parking ticket and my car starts lurching forward and riding like a bad roller coaster from the 1930's. Not good times. Fucking cat. I buy some transmission fluid to try to fix the problem. I make appointments at AAMCO and for a rental car.
Tuesday
The worst day of my life. My away message told it all:
Today:car breaks down coming home from work in rush hour
I call a tow truck, as people holler at me. At the same time phone goes out so I have no contact with the world besides a payphone.
Cop comes and gives me flares and feels bad about my shitty situation
Tow truck brings me to AAMCO, 10 miles from house.
Tow truck driver is an asshole and leaves me there, by saying "adios amigo"
I call cab and $32 later I end up at Wachovia
I buy a 12 pack, and walk half a mile home from work at 8: 15
3 hours to go 7 miles.
UGGGGHHHHHHHH.
Wednesday
I get to work late after I get picked up and brought to the rental car place (thank god for Enterprise) and get equipped with my very own Kia Rio......Possibly the cheapest car to ever surface on this earth. Like it has automatic nothing, I have my first car since 1988 that I have to roll down my own windows, and open up my door manually.
I then went and dropped my keys off at AAMCO and went to JP Morgan, aka office space. In a later post I will detail everyone in my department and pick them apart. But I really do work at INNETEC or however you spell it. I do love thee food at work though if I don't watch it Ill be one of those 300 pound 40 yr old heffers that graze around the building.
I have noticed quite a few attractive females around the office. Too bad professional clothing makes them look like shit. Oh yeah its employees appreciation week so we get free lunch one day, water ice another and other shit. This was cool.
Today (Thursday)
Every night this week there have been random people (mostly girls) strewn around our house when I wake up. My roommates like to party to around 2 every morning and today was the first time I have slept more than 4 consecutive hours. I don't care ut this place will be def fun for weekends. My roommate Eric and I have decided we are going to move for the fall semester to a nicer house. We need to throw the nice college parties of course, and we need a better venue. I also found out I live on the biggest party street at UDEL.
I didn't have car trouble or issues at all today, this was good. I still drive a Kia with Jersey plates though, sigh.
I joined a gym today. It is super cheap and has raquetball, a track, a ton of cardio, a nice weight room, and a pool. It only cost me $110 for 3 months, yes! The last time they redesigned the place, probably 1985. Also I really miss seeing all young people at the gym. I mean what do you think is better seeing attractive 20 year old girls or naked old men? I miss college, ugh.
Oh one random thing. Did our generation miss the memo that it's cool for you to walk around the locker room naked. Like was this socially acceptable back in the 70's, and it just carried over, because I could never imagine me or any of my contemporaries doing this. Like I have to stare at the ceiling to avoid seeing disgusting flesh.
So anyways I'm probably going away this entire weekend in my Kia and I'll try to update you all on my travels. Oh P.S. my car needs a new transmission. $2,300 dollars. Good thing my dad is being cool and paying for the entire thing or I would be poor as shit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't think that most people in our generation walk around locker rooms naked... except for members of my family, that is. For example, my cousin James is an avid free baller that thinks it's funny to walk around the locker room naked and have conversations with old people while they shower together.
And then there's anthony and his friend, Matt, who still have the habit from their days of wrestling, in which they weigh themselves naked. Although, they do run around the locker room after and never wear clothes anyway because it makes people uncomfortable.
Post a Comment