Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Mertosexual Matty Makes his return from his 4 year absence.

I'm Back! I am no longer writing from the outpost of Whitetrashville, USA, but from Metrosexualburg, USA. I work on 5th Avenue, in the fashion district, so although I may dress up a lot for me, it is a whole different league, as it is almost a runway show on the way to work. I feel like I am a rookie again and I feel under dressed very often. Because of this, I have awakened the echoes from 2001 and have found my style again. Although I know very few remember this but in 2001-2002 I refused to wear jeans, and made sure that it took me at least 20 minutes to get ready to go anywhere. Yes as a frosh I was very high maintanence. Actually a lot of things in my life remind me of that year right now.

I take public transportation everywhere

I had a devastating sports loss (ND-USC) which made me almost as upset as the Yanks losing the World Series in 2001. I know it seems unfathomable being that I am 23 now, but sadly true. I still can't even talk about this loss and if it wasn't for an Irish conference call with Sean and Greg, I might have caused some significant damage to myself or property in my house.

I am genuinely excited to wake up in the morning and go to work...I know, I know, DORK ALERT, I actually like work!!!!!!!

So anyways my job is really great and I have a ton of freedom and responsibility already. My job function is to schedule events for my clients (Yes I have companies that I am solely responsible for) to meet investors, and make sure they are in contact with the correct demographic of investors, and reporting to them what their peers are doing. I write press releases, that show up on Yahoo Finance and Bloomberg, and I have been sitting in on conference calls with the CFO's of these companies discussing strategy. Down the road I will be attending a bunch of conferences, trying to help my companies get their story across to investors too!!! ROAD TRIP!!!!

Anyways being that I have been there for all of a week and a half, I do not have full responsibility of all of these tasks, but I will. I also do a lot of research studies and internet browsing for info, so I am on IM constantly too, so IM me sometime at work, I'll respond. Anyways I intended on going into a lot more detail, but I have to be an old man and go to bed so I can be my chipper self tomorrow morning. The Ruth Group needs me to be my best, and I love the fact that I am again take pride in my work. Anyways I'll try to follow this up at work, Ill be there from about 8:45 to 6:30, so I'll have plenty of time to realize how horribly I am writing right now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Writers Write, Inc. Launches Workers Work
Writers Write, Inc. has announced the official launch of Workers Work , a blog covering ... is a new media company based in Dallas, Texas.
-(mR. SaTuRn)-
Saturn is like ##Keyword##.

infiorno said...

Wow, I'm almost jealous of how much you like (and have) a job... but that's just because I'm studying for my real estate exam right not. I'm sure I'll get over it soon.

PS, it looks like you're the only one holding strong with the blogging thing

Romeo Foxtrot said...

The Ruth Group sounds pretty cool, although Ruth is a gross grandma name on par with Roberta, Esther, Barbara and Ruby. Unless we're talkin baseball. And to mike: I blog constantly, however under a sporst pseudonym