Wake me up when September ends.......
I love October. It is quite possibly my favorite month of the year, due to a variety of factors, with one being how much I love the weather in the Northeast this time of year. Anyways I have a TON to talk about. I have two main topics I want to cover today, one being my recent trip to Tempe, AZ, and also per Justin's request my extensive view into my views of the dating game, or my lack their of during my recent history. Since this topic my interest like four people in the world I will first talk about my trip to Arizona, and roll this into my ideas/plans for dating in the imminent future.
First off, I LOVE the Phoenix/Tempe/Scottsdale area. The first time I visited this area was during my fall break of 2004 when Greg, Sean and I went to visit Tim Byrne for a week. After this week I was enamored with the area and gushed about it to anyone who would listen. It is a good thing I didn't write about it, because this trip basically reconfirmed many of my ideas about this area, and would be quite repetitive. Anyways just like last time Tim was an outstanding host, as he always tries to pack as much fun as possible into our trips out there, which is a reason why they are always so memorable. Okay anyways for fun, let me list the reasons why I will live there sometime in the next 10 years.
1) The weather. Being a weatherman in this area quite possibly could be the easiest job ever. All you have to do is say "It will be sunny today" and then assign a temperature between 105-90 to be the high for the day. Where is the monster.com listing for this job?
2) The attitude. Although the Valley of the Sun is not on the West Coast per se, the whole area has that laid back, west coast mentality. It is so refreshing and nice to be around people who take life a little easier.
3) The Girls. I will expound upon this in a second.
4) The availability to make a ton of money in the real estate market. This is a booming area, in which I could really make a decent amount of money on. I know for a fact that some of the richest developers in this country have taken advantage of this fact, and I feel it would not be hard to make a passive income on units in this area.
5) The proximity to 2 other of my top 5 favorite cities in the US, Vegas and San Diego.
6) The unbelievable scenery, and outdoorsy activities available.
7) Mill Avenue. This street probably has the best assortment of college bars I have ever seen, all within 3 blocks of one another. Any genre of bar you can think of is there from Irish Pub to Coyote Ugly style girls dancing on tables to a Piano Bar. You name it they have it.
Okay now lets go back to the whole girls aspect of this area. Both times I have been to Tempe and more specifically Arizona State, I have noticed that basically everywhere you look there are stunningly attractive girls. In my estimation there are several reasons for this, with the main one being that since it is hot all year round, body maintainance and staying in shape is put at a premium because the girls wear summer clothes almost all year round. That combined with the notoriously good looking crop of Californians who attend ASU make the eye candy almost overwhelming.
I don't mean to offend anyone form my alma mater, but I do not see any real validity to the rumor that Villanova was ranked in the top five of best looking girls, as every 5 minutes I saw a girl who could easily could have ranked in the top 10 hottest girls at Villanova if she stepped on campus. This combined with these females trying to make outfits out of T-shirts for the ASU-USC football game, made it hard even for this diehard football fan to concentrate, as I ended up looking at these tan and toned blondes. Even though my looks rival the mediocrity of the Philadelphia Philles, I saw some gnarly looking dudes hanging out with some bombshells, which made me feel like it would be very fun to meet people out there. Obviously many of these girls could have had IQ's of 54 or went to ASU looking for an Mrs. degree, but the desert scenery isn't the only scenery in the Valley of the Sun.
The only 2 things that could have made the trip better was an ASU win over USC (tragic loss, ASU really blew it) and if Greg and I could have extended our trip even longer.
Anyways, now that you all think I am the shallowest person you have ever met, I am going to write a little piece I've been meaning to write for a while concerning the dating game. If you A) don't care about my feelings about this B)Don't like me, the next thousand words or so will be very boring to you so you can cut out right now and go ride your bike around the block/ make a batch of brownies/ buy a pair of shoes/ or do whatever you do when you are not reading my drivel.
Okay time to switch gears.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I really have to make it out to the West Coast sometime soon. I feel that overall it is a lot slower paced and a lot more, well, gnarly. Anyway, I'm really getting tired of how East Coast girls really think they are allathat. They should go hang out w/ the Westies and get knocked down a few pegs.
Post a Comment