So after all of the hijinks and hilarity that ensued on Friday evening, totally forgot to mention what happened in my life during the day. Looking back I really think that I ended up doing more interesting things on this day than my past two weeks combined, I felt like a useful member of society for once instead of being Sean's video game cheering section in our apartment as I often find myself.
So basically my day started about 2 hours before normal and I drove the surpisingly quickly down to Delaware to interview for J.P. Morgan. Driving through Delaware really is like driving on the autobahn, I have never seen a cop in on the road, and I have never driven less than 85 mph through there. So I got to the J.P. Morgan compound around 9:45 for my 10 a.m. interview, yes for once I wasn't dragging ass and actually made it somewhere early, go me! Well at 10:02 I was still lost in the never ending parking lot maze that is the J.P. Morgan compound, and I had to sheepishly ask for directions to the front building from the parking lot, great first impression right?
Luckily for me 10:05 is when my day started getting good. At the compound I was to meet with 3 different people back to back to back, so I was expecting a test of stamina, so I drank a bottle of water before I went in to prevent the dreaded dry mouth, and I entered the compound. Some of my previous problems in interviews was getting nervous about the questions and drawing blanks, which led to sometimes very awkward silences. Well I don't know what got into me, but as soon as I got into the office I was in the "interview zone" where I basically left at 11:45 feeling super confident as some of the guys I met with basically were talking to me about "when" I work there and not "if." By the end of the third one I really felt like I could have just set up a tape recorder in the room and played my answers from the previous ones, I was so dialed in and had such good responses I even surprised myself. I'll hear back from them on Tuesday but im about 75% sure im getting an offer, good times.
So what is a good way to spend the rest of your afternoon after you spend all day talking about yourself? That's right go on another interview! So after an awesome talk with my dad about his new job (we both were apparently impressing potential bosses left and right today today) on my hour ride to blue bell to interview with NVR Mortgage, I arrived there right on time. I had talked to Megan, my interviewer on the phone a few days earlier, and I knew she was like in her early 20's by her voice. So anyways since it is casual Friday she comes strolling down the hall, looking like any girl at Villanova would on a given day. Anyways being the idiot that I am I figure, what the hell, im going to have some fun with this situation. So being that I was already interviewed by 3 people so far today the answering questions part and talking about my experiences part was a joke....I had already spewed out these pre conceived answers 3 times already, I decided eh, I'm not a professional yet, so why not flirt with the semi hot girl who is interviewing me. So what the fuck I decided here goes nothing, and if she sensed I was flirting with her she would probably just think I was being super outgoing. Well guess what about 3 minutes into the interview session, she was bored asking the same old shit questions too, and she was flirting right back at me! It was ridiculous, as I definitely used some of the dumbest examples ever to describe my experiences, because I was bored with my same old responses. Yet as I was joking on myself for using such irrelevant situations to describe myself, she was defending my answers for me, saying things like "oh good example this shows your assertiveness", or "this shows what a good leader you are" when my answers were such horseshit. I really started thinking of dumber and dunber examples as I went along, but it never phased her...and at the end she said "it was GREAT meeting you" with such a severe emphasis it was almost comical. I definitely have never had more fun in an interview, as I simultaneously most likely got a second interview, and totally entertained myself at the same time. I guess it was just turning out to be one of those days where everything was working out for me....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I must say that I do not endorse or support NRV or NVR or whatever the hell they are. I had the lamest interview with this boring guy who would ask me "how does that tie into an experience where...." whenever I would give him an experience that more than answered his questions.
Then, after denying me from another interview (it's not like I was expecting to get to round 2 anyway), they have the audacity to send me another interview request to handle manufacturing... Great, I can weld metal together! Thanks, NRV!
Post a Comment