A random thing I thought about today:
I enjoy giving people shit about things. I enjoy getting shit thrown back at me. By shit I mean jokes not monkey style. I blame this character trait solely on my father, as in my life he is the "Godfather of giving people shit."Sometimes I really go a little too far though, case in point my interaction with Justin this week. Justin is the type of person who takes abuse on a daily basis and internalizes about 99% of it. Now being that he is a good spirited kid you never even know when he is mad at you, and being from a family that overanalyzes and teases everything you say this is a foreign concept to me, vebalization is a way of life. So today I pissed Justin off and he snapped...this situation totally reminded me of the "Serentiy Now" episode in Seinfeld where Justin is the metaphorical Kramer and I am the metaphorical 25 computer he destroys. He was frustrated and took it out on me, no hard feelings. This made me think though, I give Justin a ton of shit because he is so good natured about it, and not because he necessarily deserves it. Now on the other hand the other resident of his apartment operates under such fuzzy logic and almost gives out about 1000 more times shit then he gets, and constantly hammers Justin about his life and the way he does things. The same person who claims he has no girlfriend yet:
1) physically still dates the girl
2)has this person spend over 50% of nights at his place and
3) doesn't actively pursue other girls
.......is the one who gives Justin shit for "still being in a relationship" and talking to his ex gf. This is insanity! Justin ends a relationship a respectable way, and his roommate who is in a relationship but operates under some fantasy that he is single is the one who starts the shit! On a side note I feel there is a certain craze especially in my circle of friends, where people are claim they are not dating and they actually are. Im not sure if this is just an isolated phenomenon, but if you:
- spend more time with a girl than any of your friends
- hook up with her consistently
- have her stay over semi regularly
- have her run errends for you
She IS your girlfriend, I don't care how you justify it! I never remember being in any relationship and actually signing a legal paper saying "I am officially so and so's boyfriend." It is amazing how we as college seniors can act like 12 year old school girls.
Anyways basically this post is shit, but I have in a long winded way decided that I need to take it easy on Justin and stop joking on him so he can work on his FASB's. Oops there I go again!
1 comment:
Okay, let me explain something to you newbies:
You don't need an introduction or an ending about how you're blogging. We get it. We're reading your blog and we know it's going to end if it ends!
Also, just for future reference, if you ever are not writing for a few days, don't start an entry with "I haven't updated in forever! Blah Blah Shit" Just write more.
Kudos to you, though, for updating consistently
Post a Comment