Thursday, May 05, 2005

When it rains.....It pours

Since my teachers have all been cunts and decided that "Hey Matty you don't have enough work in trying to find a job, let me assign you 10 papers and make you work your ass off the last week of college" I've been super busy this week. Anyways yesterday was just one of those days, and by those days I mean one where every possible thing that can go right did go right....very, very good times. Sean and his Floridian friends, Andy and Ryan, and I all went down to Baltimore to see the Orioles play. Now this was a great time for many reasons, but ill just hit on the highlights, because my fingers are sore from typing from typing nonstop since Sunday.

1) The entire ride down was like a memory of high school...I was in the back seat typing away a paper as Andy and Ryan drank the entire way down in the car.....just like back in CT the open container rule in the car doesn't apply to me or my friends. We have done this over 50 times and never had trouble once, pointdexters and rule oriented people like Justin and James can't seem to grasp the fun of doing pointless and retarded things like this.

2) They were handing out free candy bars at the game! Yes! Fatty Matty approves of this!

3) The users at this midday game were either left over from the Hitler Youth days. In a stadium that seats 49,000 people there were like 17,00o in attendance, yet these geniuses were making sure everyone sat in their exact seat. I thought the Yankee Stadium ushers were anal retentive until I met these morons. Like there is less cleaning up to do if everyone sits in sections together, making less work for the stadium clean up people, no wonder why the Orioles have sucked for for the past 8 years, even their staff is half retarded.

4) So 2 companies I was interviewing with, J.P. Morgan and the Sherlock Company called me to offer me jobs DURING the game....This was interesting because
  • I was drinking and a little tipsy at the point they called
  • I could barely hear them due to stadium noise
  • and that I actually was coherent and had enough sense to tell each of them I would "get back to them in a few days, because I needed to think about it." I'm surprised my poor drunk ass wasn't like "MONEY! I NEED IT! SIGN ME UP TODAY!" but I played it cool

Its kinda funny how you are supposed to play it cool with a company and say "I'll get back to you in a few days." As Sean and I were discussing, this type of statement puts you in the power position, and it is very similar to being a little mysterious and shady with a girl. It is amazing how many skills in life are crossfunctional.

Anyways ill discuss my decision process later this week, but I think I have a good grasp on my course of action. needless to say this makes my motivation for this week drop from a 10% to around a 4.3%, not good when I still have an assload of work to do.

5) So we went out to Sink or Swim last night and luckily Ryan and Andy were somewhat impressed with our scene, which is pretty cool considering I saw about 5 of the 25 hottest girls I have ever seen while on their campus 2 years ago. Anyways when we got home I had an IM waiting for me on my comp from a person I had been wanting to talk to forever.....when good things start raining down they really do pour.

Ok now time to go to my last class ever! I think that statement would be a lot cooler if I was like 8 years old and in like 3rd grade and wasn't realizing I have 40 years of work ahead of me after May 22. I have some interesting thoughts about that day as a breaking point of many things in my life, but ill discuss that later after I come back from class.

Happy Cinco De Mayo!! I'm going to pretend this holiday matters to me and celebrate it to the best of my abilites!!

No comments: