Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Ramblings are what I do best

Here come the ramblings, as random as ever..... I will post some new pictures later this week BTW.

  • In retrospect does it mess with anyone's mind that Scott Baio had sex with Nicole Eggert in real life and was her mail nanny on the show "Charles in Charge." I think looking back the name of the show and the sexual innuendo created by it is what is most disturbing to me

  • I was on a booze cruise in St. Thomas exactly 1 year ago today. This year I sat at my desk and did a research report. I will now stick a fork in my eye.

  • I have been thinking of my life in terms of the "Butterfly Effect" recently and it kin of creeps me out a little bit, but also makes me try to live in the moment and not be so ADD. I am wired, sorry.

  • I met a girl last week who is a female clone of me, and she is pretty amazing in many regards. Therefore by the transitive property I therefore am amazing. I really hated doing proofs in geometry class but I really liked solving this one. Wow the last three sentences were truely written on a 5th grade level and I apologize. On a side note, a girl who has the same passion for the New York Yankees as me is a rarity, and it looks as though this one is a candidate to outdo me!!! I'm sure many of you never thought you would live to see the day.

  • On a final and most random note, I want to explain to you all why I am not an investment banker.

Every once in a while at work people with ask me "Hey Matty what was your major at 'Nova?" When I tell them I was a Finance major (along with marketing) and would always ask me, so why are you in a marketing job, and not making the big bucks as a banker? For a while I had no answer to this question, but I think I do now.

1) I know it sounds superficial and all, but I value having a social life. I hear I-Bankers typically work over 75% of their waking hours. I value my ability to have a social life much more than making huge money.

2) I value my 23-26 years a bunch and do not want to have them wasted slaving away for 100+ hours a week in an office. Sure I will slave in business school and by doing all the grunt work at my job right now, but as the end of the day I will still have loved these years of my life.

3) A girl who would like me just for being a 3 year old I-Banker almost pulling down 6 figures is not the person I am looking for. It takes a good girl to put up with the significantly smaller salary that a PR/IR guy makes, and these are the type of people I am interested in.

Overall I know I have the smarts and the connections to be an I-banker, just not the desire. Sorry friends I won't be a millionaire by 26, but I will be gainfully employed, in a good position, and surrounded by good friends. So ends my I-Banking rant. I really love my life right now and am happy and confident with who I am. Sorry to bore ya'll I just had to write it out.

No comments: