Monday, March 20, 2006

Sweet 16

Gonna beat BC, SWEET SIXTEEN
I want go to the Twin Cities, SWEET SIXTEEN
Trying to book a trip, SWEET SIXTEEN
Need to recover from this weekend, SWEET SIXTEEN


I am somewhat happy my entries are starting to be weekend updates once again, because when I feel compelled to write one about a weekend it means that I have had a wicked fun time. Since I probably consumed something like 25 drinks (no hyperbole whatsoever) over 2 nights this weekend, and a lot of the parts are fuzzy to me I have to present it in that manner. Continuity be damned.

Friday March 17



I was very jealous of all the people I saw out of my office as they were drunken messes before I even ate lunch.

I left work early and since all the pubs/bars I saw were loaded I went back to my apartment after finding about 8 of my friends and acquaintances at a local bar, and brought the mini party back to our room.

I drank A LOT of Bacardi, and watched a few NCAA games. My dinner was a classy bowl of cereal. I am a professional by the way.

We went bar hopping, and I remember ending up at a place on 73rd and 1st. I don't remember how much I drank / what I did at this time. Feedback would be helpful. Around 12:30 a bouncer wouldn't let me into a bar because I looked too drunk. I understand it was St. Patty's Day so they were being extra cautious, but I was fine.

I decided though it was a good time to go home, early I know.


Saturday March 19th


I woke up and watched 6 episodes of Entourage with my new roommate. I am beyond addicted. I wouldn't bring up this show when talking to me anytime soon, unless you want to hear me gush like about it for at least 15 minutes. Be forewarned.

I noticed 2 big scrapes on my forearms. I remembered that tripped and fell face first. I usually have very good balance so this shocked me when I woke up.

I left home to go catch the train down to Philly. As I was leaving I saw about 10 police cars and FBI agents directly outside my building. I thought there was something crazy going on so I looked around for about 10 seconds, and then saw some trailers, lights and cameras. It was just a movie shoot, not as exciting. A very New York moment.

Got down to Philly around 6, met up with JC, and then drove to 'Nova with him to eat dinner with Poppy, and Dinger. I am in a very "nicknamey" mood right now. We had dinner at good 'ol Kelly's and watched some hoops.

Around 8 we headed on over to 'Nova and just hung out for a bit in 2nd Storey, and tried to plan the rest of our evening. Dinger was insufferable, as he complained on and on about being bored and he was not happy that we didn't have a solid plan. JC (Justin), Poppy (Greg) , and I wanted to slap him across his mouth.

At 9 we went over to my sisters apartment as she was hosting a little get together. We thought it would be a good time to go drop our bags off, and go have a few drinks before we went out.

The get together was a sorority thing for my sister and new members to her sorority. The decibel level was 130 and all shrieking, 18 year old girls, along with some of my sisters friends. Dinger, Justin and Greg hid while in my sisters room while I tried to be social with my sister and her friends.

Since my sister is the president of her sorority, all the freshman were a little over enthusiastic when they met me. I felt stupid and dirty being in a room talking to 18 year old girls, so I tried to talk with my sister and her friends that I knew most of the time. I felt really old. Actaully walking around the campus this weekend was the first time I had ever felt too old or out of place on campus. This creeped me out.

We went to our favorite nova hole-in-the-wall, Maloney's and sucked down some cheap, college priced beer. Good times!

Dinger eyed some girls he wanted to talk to the entire night, but was too much of a pussy to go talk to them. Bad times! (for him)

We finished up the night back where we started ( at Kelly's), had a few more beers, and went back to 'lil sisters to pass out. Since they were still drinking back there we had a few more beers. Dinger went home to hang out with his mom and eat lean pockets.

My liver wants a divorce.


Sunday March 19th


My sister bought me a "beerstein" from Prague as a gift. This was awesome.

Gameday. After waking up and having breakfast at Nudy's (the best and cheapest breakfast place on the Main Line), Greg and I departed from my sister and Justin and went down to South Philly for the basketball game.

Greg and I hung out for a while, and then found a scalper who sold us tickets in the second row of the upper deck. They were reasonably priced, and we went in to watch both the UConn and 'Nova games.

The 'Nova game had my stomach in knots, and I was nervous the entire time. I reverted back to my old horrible habit of biting my fingernails. Most of you saw the game, so you know what happened, but even though we left the arena as 4 point winners and led the entire game I was never comfortable. It was very unfair to Arizona fans that it was a defacto home game, but it didn't seem to phase the 'Zona players as they played a great game. By far the quickest team we have faced all year. Of course on the radio leaving the game the Philly announcers were talking about the Eagles instead of our great victory. Philly is such a fickle town.

I got back to NYC a little after midnight. completely emotionally and physically drianed form the game, which is completely normal when in fact i had not played a minute or contributed one thing to the out come. (PS that last line was written in the sarcastic font)

2 comments:

infiorno said...

Mikey Likey

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»