1) I need to play a game of Cashflow in the very near future. For those who don't know, Cashflow is a board game that basically motivates you to be responsible financially and to invest in things that will derive you passive income (i.e. money without doing much work) Right now I need this more than ever because I am unmotivated in my life. I have no passion right now, whether it be a sports team, a girl, working out/ playing a sport, I am very lethargic. This does note bode well with my obsessive compulsive nature.
On a random note for our next game of Cashflow we have instituted a conditional invitation to Justin. Here are the terms of his invitation as presented to Justin by Rob Fiore:
Option 1) Next time we play Cash Flow (relatively soon), there is a 50% chance we will invite you and we will let you know 5 days in advance. But if the dice go the other way, we will not inform you at all (you won’t even realize you lost until you read about how the game went in our blogs).
Option 2) Next time we play there will be a 100% chance we will invite you, but we won’t let you know we are playing until some time that day. So you may get a call at 3 p.m. on Saturday saying that we’re going to play at 7 p.m. Or maybe we’ll tell you that we’re going to start playing in 45 minutes and you’ll have to speed to get here.
So there are your options, we have eliminated our conundrum and given you one instead. Are you willing to drop what you’re doing and be spontaneous to see your friends? Or will you settle for just a chance to see your friends and ensure that your schedule as you know it maintains its integrity? Or are you too busy altogether and you’ll choose option 3: delete this e-mail and never look back? Conundrum conundrum conundrum. I await your response, and remember if I don’t hear anything back within two business days I’ll assume you chose option 3.
2) Recap of the Matt and Greg Notre Dame road trip.....
- Greg and I basically drove 1,400 miles in 2 days to see a football game, but it was so worth it. We slept in rest stops didn't shower much, and almost got abducted by some hick while trying to check into our hotel....no lie this was a very weird situation. Greg and I had a good time checking out campus events, as the whole days events on campus is really focused on the game.
- On a side note Greg and I ate in the Notre Dame cafeteria. Not very interesting, but eating in a college cafeteria totally reminds me of the 12-1 PM hour breakfasts that we used to have back in freshman and sophomore year. The only difference at Notre Dame is that there was no and mean no eye candy in the entire place. Actually the whole weekend it was impossible to fine an even remotely attractive girl. I attributed this to 2 factors, tough academics and being located in a crap town in the Midwest. I gave Greg my entire theory on this, but I will spare you all the details.
- As most of you know Notre Dame pulled the game out 41-21, and we all left very happy. Notre Dame stadium is a great place, but if you value personal space it is not a place you should be if you value personal space, as you are literally on top of the people next to you(bench seating). In other word I think our good friend James (Chomps) would rather swallow a sword than watch a game here.
- Lastly so I don't have to answer this question again after every time I see Greg, yes Greg and Cait are still dating one another. They traded about 10 phone calls over the 48 hours I was with him, but to be honest I wasn't annoyed at all. the only annoying thing was him vehemently denying that they were together. He is a very bad liar, but a great friend for bringing me out to ND. Overall I think Cait is good for Greg as she keeps him in line and motivated. They will be engaged before the end of 2007, I'd put money on it.
3) Lastly, just a general thought on the myspace world. While I love the scandalous and sluty aspect of it I have to say that one thing I can't stand is some of the "blog" entries I read on there. I refuse to write in my myspace blog- I feel it is like it is the sewer of writing, in my opinion. I have read so much crap on there and I basically think there should be a rule for writing something on there. I think you need one of 2 things to write a successful entry.
- An interesting story in which you get in ridiculous situations that are universally funny.
- An ability to be uber creative and write in a particular niche style that is appealing.
Now I know in this forum I get away from this sometimes and ramble on about my personal life too much but I generally try to throw in a mix of the both. In future entries I think I am going to try to stick by my rules more, which will benefit everyone.
P.S. a second thought on myspace.....I was shocked to find out that this thing was partially a dating type thing, and people actually date and hookup off of this thing. I don't even know if I am old enough to use a tool like this.
Anyways I am going to go grab a late breakfast on 5th Ave, but one more thing.....When did I become ridiculously short? I am exactly 6 feet tall but as I walk down the streets I see not only guys but tons of CHICKS taller than me. These girls are not Amazon women either, most of them are really good looking. Now I know there are a TON of models who have photo shoots and the like near my building but not all of there chicks I see can be model, right? I feel like such a munchkin in this city.
7 comments:
i agree with your myspace note, girls especially tend to think a blog should be a laundry list of what they did on a particular day which is worthless. maybe you should look at my Myspace Etiquette/Rules blog and see if you agree with my stuff. also read Gillian and my friend Johanna's blogs, they are top notch.
i also have a theory that the average height goes up depending on how successful your environment is. i think this is because most people in college were physically and intellectually at the top of their game in high school and thus make it to a good college. i remember i didn't really think of myself as short in high school, but definitely did in college.
Hey i blog on myspace but thats just cuz i find it remotely amusing when wierd shady guys comment! Sorry if my blogs dont interest u matty!!!
If you feel short than go over to spain - they think americans are so obnoxiously tall (I fit right in there).
Oh, and I need a cashflow game too so that I feel inspired to make money instead of being a professional moocher off my parents.
Hi there M ty B, I had been out looking for some new information on discounted notes when I found your site and this post. Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.
Hi there M ty B, I had been out looking for some new information on business notes when I found your site and this post. Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.
Hi M ty B, Out surfing for information on real estate note & happened upon your site. While this post wasn't exactly spot on, it did strike a note with me. Thank you for the really good read.
Post a Comment