Friday was such a typical Matty type day I don't even know where to begin. As man of you know one of my major weaknesses is that I hate disappointing my friends. This frailty created quite a situation, as I had double booked myself with plans for Friday night. Now most people in life would choose between there two options, "Matty being Matty" dictated that I had to squeeze in both.
At 4:30 I met Timmy Dinan, His girlfriend Lindsay, and Greg Simpson-Byrne down at Madison Square Garden to see the Pre-Season NIT. As usual it was great seeing these guys, as we traded stories and planned our big Texas trip for January. Lindsay is planning on actually moving down there to be with Tim, which I thought was such an awesome and exciting decision. She mentioned to me that I was a partial inspiration for her in quitting her job. Yea apathy! On a serious note I think it is a very ballsy move by her, but a great move for their relationship. The odds of them getting married in my mind has now jumped to 80-85%, which I think is amazing. They are really a fun couple and I like being around them.
Now I would have liked to hang out with these kids all night, but I had another group that I really wanted to see. So what did I do? Obviously I left MSG during the first half of the Duke-Memphis game, left NYC around 7:50 and got home around 9:15. I am obviously insane. I only drove about 700 MPH to get home, and them left with Dustin, Vickey, Marcy and her BF. Now why would I drive this far and fast to get home you may ask?
ALCOHOL. Yes I have my priorities.
After meeting up and pregamming with Lisa and Lindsay at Lisa's house, we went to our classy destination The Red Door, which is a townie bar in Watertown, CT. (PS I am aware that many of you who read this have no clue who I am talking about right now. Sorry, you can just scroll down to the pics of Fatty Mike breaking through a chair if you are bored) Now while the Red Door isn't exactly the 40/40 Club, it was a great venue to just bullshit with these fine individuals whom I haven't see in a very long time. Now with 3 glasses of wine, 5 beers and 2 shots, post college Matty was feeling quite good. So good in fact I am not sure where in my house I slept last night, when and how I took my contacts out, and I also received an "are you alive you stupid drunk ass" text message from Mr. Dustin. Overall I would give the night a 17 out of 10.
In Summation:
Be impressed with my ability to post twice in the same weekend. I have probably had the best time I have had in Southbury since I plowed into one of my friends mailbox, may moons ago. Now my previous post was about 76.5% negative about everything that is Southbury, but overall this weekend has made me feel about 33% better about my 1983-2001 self.
This was the first time in a while in which I saw people in my hometown and actually missed not having them around.....I know cue up the sappy music and the "beach at sunset scene" because I am in a very corny mood right now.
Overall I was much more impressed by the progress of the girls I went to high school with, and I am proud to have had these people as friends, as Johnna, Vickey, Lindsay, Lisa, and Marcy all impressed me. Excluding very few (Dustin and Jimmy) most of my old high school guy friends disappointed me, with what they are doing with their lives, as they really do have more potential. I know that sounds like something a JV High School Football coach would say, but whatever. It's not 1999 any more, as much as many people would like it to be. I could rate everyone I saw this weekend, but I'm not motivated to do so. I feel that post will be better served at the five year reunion next yr. Wow reading that last sentence makes me want to cry. I think I'll drink my emotions instead. More to come later.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment