Sunday, July 23, 2006

Content?

So the other day someone I know finally got a tattoo that they have been talking about for over a month. The tattoo said "Content" and my first thought was wow Maged has done it again, another hilarious tattoo. After a laughed a little I actually sat and thought about his tattoo and how envious I am of him. I for one am anything but content with my life right now. I would say that my life is full of discontent right now actually and it has really been affecting me.

On the surface there is absolutely nothing wrong with my life right now. I live in NYC have a somewhat fun job and have solid friends. But looking deeper I realized 1) I have been horrible about saving money, 2) I haven't had any form of a real relationship in a very long time 3) I am in a profession that is fun, but one that I don't prefer to be in for the long term.

When shit like this happens to me you all know what I normally do. I clean house. So I have decided to do so. Here is what I am going to do.

1) Make a commitment to going to the gym 4 times a week. This always makes me feel better.

2) Totally reel in my spending and establish a very low weekly budget.

3) Start ramping up my studying effort for the GMAT. I really need to stop talking about this and get this done.

4)Revamp my social life. Firstly I am going to systematically cut off people who I see as dead weight, and only concentrate on core friends. This will become very apparent in the forthcoming month or so. I also am going to start exploring NYC for the things I want to do. I really haven't taken enough advantage of this.

Anyways here is my grand plan. If I don't seem like my normal goofy self recently this serves notice why.

1 comment:

Romeo Foxtrot said...

by cutting off justin you will be losing a lot, lot of dead weight