Friday
2:01 P.M - I literally zoom out of the parking lot a minute after my scheduled departure at work (It was a flex day for me), go home and chill out in preparation for Csikfest. For once I'm not rushing out the door to get somewhere on Friday, and not fighting rush hour traffic, I'm in a great mood.
4:50 PM- 5:30 PM- I drive aimlessly around Medford, NJ, as I for some reason only vaguely remember where he lives. Sadly I have been to his house 3 times. At least I know some of the girls will get lost on the way there too. Leah and Nora confirm the easiest bet I have ever won with myself, and promptly give myself a pat on the back.
7 PM Gametime. After about 1/3 of the party arrives at J.C.'s house we head on over to the catering hall. For this affair we have people coming from 5 to 6 hours form both north and south. Quite a feat. On a side note Dinger is dressed like he either came from a country club or a is trying to pick up dudes. Take your pick.
7:05PM Justin's baby picture dominates the entrance! A nice embarrassing touch by mom and dad.
7:05PM-12AM A classic 2001-2002 St. Mary's group gathering. To those who don't know the parameters, this involves basically all of us busting on our shortcomings, catching up on all the current gossip, and acting like we are about at a 15 year old maturity level. Highlights include out infatuation with the ice cream bar, getting excited over ducks, and drinking the St. Mary's beer of choice, Miller Lite. We all got to meet Justin's mysterious home friends, who he has rarely even mentioned, and we get to see Ding Dong get in trouble with his wife. Another bet I would have won with myself. Another time to pat myself on the back.
Friday
12 AM-3AM Being that about 85% work full time jobs staying up late for us is a treat. For the next three hours we engorge ourselves with leftovers, drink even more beer, and start to get even more tipsy. Around 1:30ish we broke out the game called CashFlow, which is a game that only a business student could play well. If I wasn't drunk and exhausted this would have been a great time, but I tired very quickly while playing.
3AM-10AM- I don't want to talk about this time frame. Lets pretend it didn't happen.
10AM The spread Justin's parents laid out is about what I'd expect. Over the top, and very very fulfilling. I could write a whole entry about how Justin's party was a microcosm of his life, but I feel like being shallow and superficial right now.
12PM- We bid adeu to most of the party, sans Justin, myself, Mike, Bobby, Chomps, and Gillian. At this point anyone who is willing to take bets with my on Nora and Justin getting back together, inquire within. If you bet on no, I will give you great odds.
12-4PM To Seaside! We spend the afternoon at the beach/getting a tour of Seaside Heights/ prepping for the fantasy football draft scheduled for 4 or 4:30. Justin and I will be drafting together and we have the first pick. This is my first fantasy draft not done over a computer and I am very excited for it. Mike is excited too, and he wants his team to pick up Tiki Manning with their first pick. If they can't get him he wants Gary Sheffield, because he heard he gets a bunch of RBI's
4 - 10 PM Drinking and eating makes manual drafts go very slow. It took us approx 6 hrs to pick our teams, with JC and I picking first (L. Tomlinson) and last (Greg Lewis), with about 170 picks in between. JC and I were the nerds with our laptop and our reports, but this will pay major dividends with our team in the log run, as we are very solid. Also by the end we are all very drunk and full of food. After cleaning our dirty/fantasy nerd, asses up, it is time to go out to see Jerz at its best.
10-11PM But not without a stop to the Shore Shack first! Mikes cousins and younger brother rent a shore "house" for the summer, and we went there to drink. This was probably my favorite hour of the weekend as 2 of my favorite moments happened here
- Justin being introduced to the Plain Jane stories of Mike's life. Justin being the good hearted/do gooder/innocent one of all our friend was shocked and amazed by the porn starish scenes Mike had participated in. I was more shocked at the amount of info his parents knew about them. All aboard the train to awkward city
- Mike displaying his infinite knowledge of ball sports. To Mike's credit he is a great sport about all the abuse he takes about his apathy towards baseball/football/basketball/etc. But his "I thought all of the good Yankee players were buried in Monument Park."was something that sent me rolling to the floor. You can make this stuff up! I also liked his dad's info, that he once owned a Charlotte Hornets starter jacket, because of the colors, and how he once irritated his dad by saying, "My team (San Diego) is beating your team (Yanks) right now," because of his then current residence in San Diego. BTW the yanks came back to win that game after trailing 2-0 min the eighth inning, highlighted by a 2 out game tying homerun by Kenny Lofton. They won in extra innings. I know too much information.
11Pm-3AM
If I forgot to mention James "the Diva" Gosselin left during the draft to go home because of the sleeping arrangements. He drove 5 to 6 hours in order to sleep in a bed rather than a couch. Kind of a silly idea to ask me, and I feel with his demand for sleeping arrangements he should also have an entouage and travel everywhere via limo.So in the absence of James we went out and got the true Seaside experience. This included almost getting in a fight with a group of deaf guys, drinking $1 beers and being harassed by people trying to make us participate in boardwalk carnival games. We ended the night by forcing Mike to show us where Plainy's house was, which was a monstrosity.
3 AM - 10 AM Around 3 I found a mini couch to set up shop on, and I proceeded to get approx 4 hours of sleep on before I rolled to a surprisingly more comfortable floor. After a quick breakfast I drove to Philly to meet my dad and brother for a 1:35 Phillies game. By the way I'm exhausted by this point.
12PM-4 PM Phillies game. After 1 beer with my dad I am exhausted and actually fell asleep during the 8th Inning. I did happen to show them a good slice of Philly as we ate water ice cheese steaks/pork sandwiches and drank yuengling. I was so tired, but I was able to show my Dad a good time. I was amazing. The Phillies were hapless and lost 2-0, shwoing almost no effort.
5PM After a drive through the heart of the ghetto in Chester to find a gas station, I finally make it home and put my room together, which was a task I had been meaning to do for a week. I then proceed to pass out intermittently until around 12 when I finally go to bed.
Overall a 9.5 out of 10 weekend, probably top 7 of the year when its all done. Im sooooo paying for it now though, and it hurts my head to write. I' done, and as usual there is no point to this except to exhibit my superficiality.
2 comments:
What a great entry, I was almost crying during some points of it. We did almost get into a fight with a group of deaf guys, how classic!
Maybe you can go into a deep explanation of how Justin's party was like a microcosm of his life - I'm interested to see that.
Wow, what a good entry...a very comprehensive evaluation of the weekend. That bar in Seaside definitely made me want to take a shower when I got back...I especially liked your digression on Mike's apathy toward "ball sports"
Post a Comment