Monday, April 17, 2006

Matty on the Go

This weekend made me love everything about my life. This weekend I got to hang out with my best friend since I was in high school, one of my best friends from college, and my family. The crown jewel of this weekend was Saturday, which I would qualify as perfect. The most amazing thing about this afternoon is how much fun I had, even though it was so simple. Tennis, a nice long walk, and a late lunch. Sounds like a boring little foray your parents might have, without the gratuitous trip to Home Depot and and Costco, but it was anything but. I suppose the difference in any simple adventure is the company you hold it with. I spent my Saturday with a fascinating girl, with an infectious personality, that seems to make any event about 29% more fun. Anyways I have no idea where I am going with this but hanging out with this girl is just flat out fun and puts me in a great mood. She also has AMAZING eyes, and ya'll know how I feel about that.

After this Saturday o' fun I made a train home by 30 seconds, and was home in Southbury by 7:30. While Saturday was the most low-key night of my entire week, it was also the most fun. I was able to BS with my best bud Dustin, the entire night, and break out the gratuitous inside joke that only 2 to 5 people in the world would get. Unfortunately, going out in your hometown on a holiday weekend exposes you to seeing individuals from high school that you would gladly not see again. Around 1:15 or so, Dustin, Johnna, and I were wrapping up our endless conversations, in which we rehashed old jokes, made new ones and just chatted up our current lives with one another. I felt very adulty. At this time a plethora of people form high school that I did not care to see again for a good long while, strolled into the bar and started chatting the three of us up. While Dustin and Johnna faked interest, I flat out acted like I wanted to be anywhere but there. 20 Minutes later we were gone. I feel that it will be a long time before a Saturday tops this one, and I am still high on life because of it!

3 comments:

infiorno said...

Here's my random thought: Sometimes I feel like my life is scripted by the same writers who wrote "3 Ninjas: Knuckle up"

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»