Monday, January 30, 2006
The Butterfly Effect
So I watched this movie called "The Butterfly Effect" this past Sunday, and I can only describe it as a "Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS" type of movie. What I mean by this is that I did not enjoy this movie too much during the actual screening of it, but upon completion of the film, I loved it (much like that fateful Aaron Boone game winning homer game, back on October 16th, 2003). The whole movie had me thinking about the small choices I had made in my life, and how they have effected how I am today. It really made me wonder if I could have been anyone other than myself, and I ended up staying awake for a good few hours last night just thinking about it. What would my life be like if I hadn't checked the little box on the Villanova online student form, stating that I wanted to live in St. Mary's Hall back in freshman year. I wouldn't know the same people from Villanova for one, probably would have a different friend dynamic, and not no so many of the quality friends I have right now. My whole college experience was affected by one small decision that I made back in June of 2001 on some random day. Hell who knows, I could have been in a douchebag frat, could have been a total guido jerk, could have been a pothead if I had not been surrounded by the people I ended up with. That to me is very creepy. Okay I probably have wierded you all out by now....back to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What about that time you checked that box to take your gmat's? That's like when ashton lost all his limbs!
Post a Comment